Tuesday 20 May 2014

Salmon and Steamed Vegetables


My love for salmon started a few years ago.

As a child I despised fish with a passion and still do but secretly I love fried fish especially red snapper or white fish (my sister calls me a fake fish eater) the trick for me is that the fish has to be fried and then really dry otherwise I won't eat it.

My mum always cooked/baked mackerel, the black and blue skin often made me sick. 
On many occasions she would place the baked mackerel, garnished lemon and all that jazz on the table and I would literally feel sick at the sight of the black and blue creature staring at me on the plate.



What you looking at huh??

I hated fish of any kind and refused to eat it. I am still very fussy and won't eat any cooked fish but salmon won over my heart and to be honest when I do bake my salmon I  rip the skin off as I can't bear to taste the skin but I have resorted to buying the skinless salmon fillets from the supermarkets.

The truth is when my mum put the mean looking mackerel on my plate I would it pass it to my sister and if she was unable to pick it from my plate without my parents catching us then the teddy bear would get stuffed with it ..mum will be shocked if she ever found out ha ha ha!!  Sorry teddy :-(

Tonight I fancied my favourite salmon and matched it up with some steamed vegetables and a little sweetcorn, tomato and cucumber salad.

Ingredients

  • broccoli
  • cucumber
  • cauliflower
  • carrots
  • salmon
  • sweet corn
  • tomatoes
  • lemon sauce


Salmon, Cauliflower,Carrots,Broccoli, Tomatoes, Sweet Corn and Cucumber

Have a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List